Apply for this positionApply Now
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of over 3,000 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
The primary purpose of the Logistics and Procurement Manager is to support the implementation of services in an emergency setting in Ukraine. S/he will oversee procurement and logistics under the supervision of Ukraine Response Director and relevant departments in the GOAL Head Office.
This is a six-month position, and the post holder will be based in Lviv or Kyiv, Ukraine as operations demand.
Overall Objectives of the position:
To provide all necessary logistical and procurement support to enable emergency response activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to GOAL’s logistics and procurement procedures and to provide full support to the Ukraine Response Director.
The position holder will be reporting to the Ukraine Response Director and Logistics and Procurement Coordinator in the Head Office will provide technical support.
- Daily logistics and procurement supporting arrangements and procedural actions for projects
- Daily logistics and procurement operations in support of emergency response objectives
- Ensure procurement from local suppliers or elsewhere as appropriate, in line with GOAL policies.
- Ensure the daily stock management as per procedures and the GOAL policies.
- Ensure the asset management as per GOAL policies and procedures and reporting all changes, damage/losses and change of location.
- Management of transporting supplies to and from your location and handling supply chain system in your respective section.
- Daily fleet and fuel management as per GOAL policies.
- Ensure the appropriate IT and internet support.
- Communications systems management as per GOAL policies
- Liaison with local authorities as appropriate for the benefit of GOAL
- Liaison with GOAL logistics and procurement staff as appropriate
- Maintain donation-in-kind documentation and report monthly according to GOAL logistics policies and procedures
- Train and build capacity of local logistics and procurement staff members in best practice, GOAL logistics procedures, systems, and management
- Ensure GOAL vehicles, communications equipment and drivers meet GOAL safety and security standards
- Ensure fire safety and workplace health and safety standards are adhered to
- Submission of reports to the Ukraine Response Director according to the GOAL policies and procedures.
- Daily line management of logistics team (if any).
- At least 3 years’ experience logistics and procurement or related field
- Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of national staff and partners essential.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel).
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Committed team player
- Working level English, fluent Ukrainian and Russian are essential.
- Must be a Ukrainian national
Will you be part of our vision for the future?
GOAL believes in a world where poverty no longer exists, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to well-being are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. Join our team and help bring this vision to life.
Everyday around the world, GOAL is working on the front lines of crises and emergency
Whether they're based in the field or an HQ office, GOAL's teams are dedicated to doing everything they can to supporting those in need.
If you are ready to take on challenging, rewarding and life-saving work, apply for one of our open positions today.
Looking for application and interview tips? Read our short guide for applicants.
GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
GOAL ensures data privacy for all job candidates during the recruitment and selection process. Please also kindly note that GOAL will never solicit money for interviews.
Candidates who apply will only be contacted through a verified GOAL email address. E.g if you are liaising with a member of GOAL's Irish based Global Talent Acquisition Team, the email will be coming from a @goal.ie address.
If you are liaising with a member of our recruitment team from a country office (e.g. GOAL Uganda), the email will be coming from a @ug.goal.ie email address. All emails will originate from a goal.ie address.