The GOAL NextGen Global Youth Programme
“At last! The action-focused, future-conscious, international collaboration that young people have been looking for!”
Young people of Ireland - we need you!
- Are you aged between 18 and 25?
- Are you available to take part from May to October 2020?
- Have you volunteering experience and an understanding of, and interest in, global issues?
If the answer to all these questions is "yes" then our NextGen Global Youth Programme may be perfect for you!
The need for urgent action to respond to global crises, including COVID-19, is more critical than ever. Young people must be part of the effort to find solutions to the issues that threaten our world and future generations.
GOAL NextGen’s Global Youth Programme brings young people together and gives them the tools and processes to effectively advocate through global citizenship. The youth programme participants will work with young people on a similar GOAL programme in Africa to create, trial, and share a development education resource to include multimedia materials to help passionate young people contribute to a sustainable world for all.
Selected participants will join a total of 12 online* seminars that will:
- Introduce you to concepts around global citizenship
- Provide a lively discussion space
- Include expert guest speakers
- Involve group and individual tasks.
*We hope to move these events offline once Covid-19 isolation measures have been relaxed and it is safe to do so.
In Africa, we are continuing with an existing youth advocacy programme which has brought together experienced and motivated young people working to strengthen their advocacy skills. Our Africa cohort will also test and trial activities for the resource but will primarily act as mentors and editors for the work produced by the Ireland cohort.
Why Take Part?
The Global Youth Programme will give you a greater understanding of global citizenship and its links to effective and sustainable advocacy.
- Develop skills for peer education, group facilitation, effective communication, and for navigating the local, national, and international political processes connected to advocacy work.
- Learn techniques and tools for online activity facilitation, and will refine these skills by hosting online activities with TY students and youth groups.
- Connect to an international network of passionate young people who are ready to take on the challenges that lie ahead for us all
- Co-create a resource that will make help your peers in Ireland and Africa find solutions for local and global challenges.