Location: Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, IrelandContract Duration: 12 months (Maternity Leave Cover)
Overview of the Role
It will be the Project Accounting Manager's responsibility to manage global donor audits and coordinate between countries as required.
You will gather all initial documentation from various sources and coordinate a plan with the auditor and the stakeholders within HQ and the Field. You will also review the completeness and accuracy of all sample documentation before submitting it to auditors.
As Project Accounting Manager you will perform detailed reviews of all reports by auditors and present action points with the Senior Management Team.
To this effect, you will provide assistance to all teams on audit related issues and queries.
You will also support the Finance Team on understanding the availability of segregated funds and assist with the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements.
- Lead donor audits from an HQ perspective for key donors to include USAID, DfID, Irish Aid, and ECHO
- Review and derive process improvements for the field finance to include cash-flow forecasting tools, management reporting for field finance teams, budget developments
- Work closely with Senior Management Team and Regional Directors on major applications of budgeting, work plans, and cash flow at field level
- Build, delivery and support the global financial infrastructure to support the organisation growth strategy to include identification of process improvement workflows with specific focus on field finance
- Lead all project initiative across departments both at HQ and field
- Any other duties as may be deemed appropriate
- A qualified accountant
- A minimum of six months experience working as an auditor
- Strong technical financial expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Has successfully managed different projects and work activities at the same time and can demonstrate being able to effectively prioritise between competing demands in a tight time window
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Practices and promotes a strong focus on delivering high quality customer service, for internal and external customers
- Treats others with diplomacy, tact, courtesy and respect, even in challenging circumstances
- Presents information clearly, concisely and confidently when speaking and in writing
- Collaborates and supports colleagues to achieve organisational goals
Commitment to GOAL Values
- Strives to perform at a high level, investing significant energy to achieve agreed objectives
- Ensures that the field is at the heart of all services provided
- Upholds high standards of honesty, ethics and integrity
Accountabilitywithin GOALA commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas ofaccountability: 1)Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a childor vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
SafeguardingChildren and vulnerable adults whocome into contact withGOAL as a result of our activitiesmust be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer StatementConsistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’scommitment to equal employment opportunityand equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employeeor volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [andvilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and ConditionsThis Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.