Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of over 3,000 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
The primary purpose of the Finance Manager is to support the implementation of services in an emergency setting. The Finance Manager directly oversees all financial and accounting activities.
The Finance Manager will report to the Response Director and work closely with the Head Office Finance teams
This is a six-month local position, based in Lviv or Kyiv, Ukraine as operations demand.;
- Ensure GOALs’ financial practices follow Ukraine’s statutory regulations and legislation.
- Ensure compliance with GOALs standard accounting procedures and policies across the programme and actively monitor internal controls to minimize risk to the organization.
- Responsible for successful coordination and completion of statutory audits
- Lead and guide all cash management processes to assure they are in place and operating effectively.
- Ensure production of cash flow forecasts to ensure adequate resource is available to support operations in country and in HQ
- Ensure appropriate contracting and review of auditing services for Ukraine.
- Review submitted payment requests to ensure the payment packages are complete and in compliance with donors as well as internal rules and regulations.
- Serve as the principal liaison with donors to ensure financial and programmatic accountability to donors
- Oversee payment process to ensure it is done on agreed upon schedule and on a timely fashion.
- Ensure all payments are recorded daily and posted weekly.
- Responsible for selecting, hiring, providing effective supervision, leadership, coaching and guidance to the finance staff located in GOAL Ukraine.
- Ensure that the Finance team in country can produce month end accounts package, fully and accurately use the financial software system, and comply with all donor reporting and budgeting requirements in line with deadlines
- Ensure the proper Implementation of GOAL’s performance management system for direct reports, including individual planning, regular feedback, coaching and mentoring, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals.
- Maintain a focus on the training and development needs of the team
GOAL Strategic Planning, Analysis and Reporting:
- Continually develop and update methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Provide quarterly analysis of the financial health of GOAL Ukraine and each of its programmes
- Ensure adherence to internationally recognized protection principles, standards, and relevant international and local regulations.
- Ensure adherence with GOAL’s code of conducts and other internal policies i.e., on confidentiality, safeguarding, equality, diversity, and inclusion including the GOAL's commitments to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Participate in one-to-one performance development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of own development needs.
- Ensure full compliance with the GOAL’s health and safety policy and all locally agreed safe ethods of work.
- A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance required;
- At least 3years of progressive financial management experience
- Experience in similar level position required, preferably in large scale, complex programs
- Fluent English, Ukrainian or Russian languages
- Knowledge and working experience with USAID,EU, and other donors
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables, and balance sheet is required.
- Experience with online-based accounting/financial management systems, experience strongly preferred.
- Highly developed time management and prioritization skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines in high paced, fluid environment
- Must be a Ukrainian national