GOAL works in 14 countries around the world across rapid humanitarian response, protracted crises and long term development contexts.
GOAL has an amazing opportunity to develop experience and knowledge in finance while working with a dynamic international NGO. ;As Finance Officer, you will join the Finance team in Head Office that works closely with teams across the world and gain exposure to financial reporting to donors, monthly management accounts prepared at the overseas offices and play a support role in providing timely, accurate and relevant financial information to GOAL senior management.
Reporting to the Operations Accountant responsible for the Middle East, you will support in various areas, including but not limited to Donor Reporting, Donor Budgets, Donor Debtors, Treasury, Annual Budgets, Month-end and Year-end, and Technical Support.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the work of the Operations Accountant for the Middle East
- Assist with review of donor budgets and financial reports
- Assist with preparation of donor funds requests
- File donor financial reports and related documents
- Prepare specialised and confidential forms and reports for banking-related information
- Collect, process, verify, understand, and report accounting-related information
- Analyse and review financial information/data
- Assist in the preparation of other financial reports, as required
- Support other members of the Operations Accountant team, as required
- Research and progress projects and ad hoc tasks to support the CFO, as required
Qualifications & Attributes
- Familiarity with financial data analytical skills
- Familiarity with maintaining accounting records and documentation
- Proven ability to prepare financial reports using MS Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, multi-task, plan and prioritise workload
- Sound ability with MS Office applications
- Proven ability to remain calm under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Expertise in numerical skills
- Experience in working with operations finance
- Familiarity with donor rules and regulations
- Proven ability and experience in communicating effectively with teams overseas
- Experience on Sage or a similar accounting package
- Ability to work within a team environment
- An interest in international relief and development work
Commitment to GOAL Values
- Strives to perform at a high level, investing significant energy to achieve agreed objectives
- Ensures that our GOAL countries and country teams are at the heart of all services provided
- Upholds high standards of honesty, ethics and integrity
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.