Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor and the vulnerable and is currently operating in 14 countries world-wide.
The Risk Officer will support GOAL’s strategic risk function, foster an organisational mindset to risk management, and drive a risk thought process into strategic and cross-functional decision making. In partnership with the Deputy CEO, the risk officer will drive and mature the culture of risk management including the policy framework, procedures, and behaviours across GOAL. The individual will coordinate a diverse portfolio of projects, including the ongoing strengthening of GOAL’s Risk Policy, the organisation of GOAL’s Risk Register process in HQ and across our programmes of operation and the development of tools and training to embed a strong culture of risk management across the organisations.
1. Support Risk Management in GOAL
- Support the Deputy CEO in the training and further strengthening of GOAL's organisational approach to risk management.
- Support the strengthening of key risk processes including GOAL's Risk Register process, HQ and Field Registers, and attendance at relevant quarterly meetings.
- Develop and strengthen frameworks in GOAL's risk management such as RAIDD or equivalent world class methodologies.
- Liaise regularly with the Deputy CEO to escalate issues related to risk.
- Review existing processes, guidelines and templates used in GOAL for documenting risk across emergency, humanitarian and development programming and work with relevant departments to adapt existing processes and systems where appropriate and provide support on the development of Recommendation Trackers.
- Provide ongoing support, training and guidance to personnel on using these guidelines and tools including through the development of webinars, learning videos and in-person training sessions.;
- Act as a focal point for the development of any new organizational resources on risk management
2.General and Administrative
- Provide briefings on GOAL’s risk framework to new staff members as required
- Draft regular corporate risk reports, including a monthly update to CEO and maintain a Corporate Risk Register.
- Conduct regular Data analysis and produce reports to communicate trends and propose course correction to the leadership team
- Provide reports for Audit & Risk Committee on request.
- A Bachelors’ degree: or relevant demonstrable skills and experience to undertake the key functions of this role.
- Experience in risk Management methodologies including RAIDD or other certified methodologies.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role responsible to data analysis and report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (spoken/written), including the ability to listen to and incorporate the views of stakeholders; ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to tailor language, tone, style, and format to match the audience; ability to manage and represent numeric, financial, or other information.
- Excellent ability in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and aptitude to learn to use new software.
- Proven ability to operate effectively across organisational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity.
- Ability to self-manage and develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; ability to foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning.
- Interest in humanitarian or development programmes; and appreciation of the mission of GOAL.
- Fluent in spoken and written English with keen attention to detail.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple, simultaneous demands.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrable, relevant experience in an international NGO and/or in developing countries.
- Specific technical knowledge or experience of GOAL’s approaches, thematic areas, or countries.
- Fluency in Arabic, French, Spanish and/or a language spoken in any of GOAL’s operational countries.
- PMI (Project Management Institute) or equivalent certification
Some travel to country programmes may be required in this role.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has standards of Integrity and a Child Protection Policy, developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and any job offer made is also subject to police clearance.
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to apply as early as possible.