Closing Date for Applications: 24/10/2021
Summary of Job Description and Responsibilities
The primary purpose of this role is to operate GOAL’s accounts payable process.; This requires accurate recording of invoices and payment of same using GOAL’s accounting system, Sage 200. GOAL’s suppliers are both domestic and international and invoices are received in a range of currencies.
Other elements of the role will include support to the finance team and assisting with various month-end processes.
Standard GOAL office hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but flexible working arrangements will be considered.
;Primary Responsibilities – Purchase Ledger Function
- Process and pay all purchase invoices, including staff expense claims, in a timely and accurate manner according to GOAL’s policies and procedures
- Manage the document flow for incoming invoices
- Ensure all purchase invoices are valid, have complied with GOAL’s procurement procedures, and have been properly authorised prior to payment
- Ensure invoices are properly analysed by cost type, and department or overseas field, and entered accurately into Sage
- Prepare the suggested payments report in good time to allow for line management review prior to payment
- Ensure all purchase invoices and other related documentation are properly filed
- Deal promptly with supplier queries
- Manage the petty cash
- Reconcile relevant bank accounts monthly
- Reconcile the purchase ledger on a monthly basis, close the module within Sage and roll forward to the next period.
- Prepare and post the schedule of expenditure accruals each month
- Provide supporting documentation to auditors
- Once per month, using data provided by the Fundraising team, process summarised donations receipts into Sage
- Reconcile the donations bank accounts to Sage
- Reconcile CRM (the donations system) to Sage
Provide support to the finance team as and when required (including annual leave cover).; This will include, but is not limited to:
- Analysis and processing of credit card expenditure
- Processing of credit card purchases
- Assisting with the month-end recharges process including processing of time sheets
- Any other appropriate duties as assigned by line manager
- A financial or administrative background, with at least two years’ professional experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams, Sharepoint, and File Explorer is essential
- Experienced with Sage and / or Microsoft Dynamics or other accounting/CRM software
- Excellent attention to detail, and an aptitude for numbers
- Strong organisational skills; Able to prioritise and cope well under pressure, be deadline aware, and comfortable managing competing demands
- Self-disciplined and efficient with a flexible and proactive attitude
- Solid team-working skills and good communication skills
- Educational achievements and goals will also be considered as part of the selection criteria
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.