Job purposeThe Safeguarding Administrator Part-time 28 hours per weeks, fosters a working environment that is non-threatening, safe and actively addressing safeguarding in its processes. This position will ensure that GOAL’s country programmes are aware of the power relations taking place in the systems in which they intervene.
He/she will support the Global Safeguarding Advisor in overseeing the implementation of GOAL’s safeguarding policies and guidelines, including the Child + Adult Safeguarding Policy, Child Protection (CP) Policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy and the Code of Conduct (CoC), with the aim of creating a safe working environment.
1. Inductions and Training
• Conduct inductions and ongoing capacity building of HQ staff in general safeguarding issues, through formal training, discussion of case studies, refresher sessions, etc.
2. Administration and oversight of Safeguarding standards at country level
• Monitor and track safeguarding trainings conducted at country level (these include one-day training, refresher trainings and/or trainings for GOAL’s partners)• Provide quarterly updates of trainings and create reports.• Analyse the safeguarding blended learning approach and identify areas that are working well and those that require improvement.• Provide quarterly updates of the country safeguarding KPIs and progress towards their Safeguarding Action Plan to the Global Safeguarding Advisor.• In coordination with relevant stakeholders track country office compliance with safeguarding processes and ensure that these are aligned to safeguarding standards and Global Policies.
3. Creation of tools and resources• Adapt, improve, and update our existing safeguarding training materials shifting to an online training resource. • Redesign the Safeguarding internal portal to be more user-friendly. • Design and create visually effective tools, resources, and promotional materials such as infographics, flyers, posters that can be used for different target groups’ ages and contexts.
• At least 2 years administration experience. • Excellent English written and verbal skills.• Demonstrable interest in working to prevent Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.• Demonstrable understanding of power relations. • Skilled in using different design software to create tools and resources, such as posters, flyers, etc.• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.• Strong commitment to upholding GOAL’s values: Integrity, Humanitarianism, Courage, Partnership, Respect; demonstrating diplomacy, professionalism, reliability and resilience. • Ability to quickly build personal rapport, trust and excellent communication and active listening skills. • Strong commitment to confidentiality.• Accuracy and attention to detail.
Desirable:Good working knowledge of one or more of the following languages: French, Arabic, Spanish
Post holder reports to: Global Safeguarding Advisor.
Staff reporting to this post: None.
General terms and conditions
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:• Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.• Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.• Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.Safeguarding• Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.