Operations Manager - Washington DC, USA; ;Closing date for applications -; 26 Feb 2021
GOAL US is seeking to recruit an Operations Manager to manage the daily corporate needs along with supporting teams with program support. The Operations Manager will ;;backstop on all matters related to donor contract administration, including managing the project budget, personnel, procurement, and sub awards. In addition, the Operations Manager will support the Executives in all Board support needs. ;;The Operations Manager will be committed to working in small dynamic team structure while working with many teams across the GOAL network. This; opportunity is best suited to individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment, is comfortable multitasking, is confident in project management and willing to support of growth of the GOAL US organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:;
1. Project Management
- Oversee the implementation of GOAL USA’s projects as well as engage in intra company special projects between GOAL USA and the global network.
- Provide daily project support on all matters related to project budget, procurement, subcontracting and grant management.
- Establish and manage systems that meet client, contractual, and regulatory requirements and create organizational efficiencies.
- Ensure donors reports are developed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare progress and status reports, to ensure quality control of all project deliverables.
- Support project impact communications generating success stories, for utilization on websites and social media (e.g., LinkedIn) posts.
- Monitor monthly costs against contract budget, track contract expenditures against budget and review monthly invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract provisions.;
- Review and determine causes for variances to the budget and report monthly on the status of budget performance.
- Serve as main liaison officer for all administrative and financial matters of GOAL USA.
3. Business Development Support
- Support GOAL USA’s business development efforts by identifying and tracking new grant opportunities,
- Conduct research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development and contribute to the proposal development process.
- Support the recruitment process of staff/consultants on request.
4. US Management
- Support all preparations for Executive Board meetings as requested by the CEO and management team.
- Master’s degree in business administration, public administration, global development, or a related field, master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years’ experience in the implementation and management of donor-funded projects (preferably funded by USAID and the U.S. Department of State).
- Budget Management Experience
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse group of colleagues across GOAL’s global network.
- Familiarity with U.S. Federal rules and regulations (including but not limited to FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR, FTR, etc.)
- Deep familiarity with MS Office application and project management tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English; Spanish language skills highly desirable
- Proven analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.