GOAL are looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our IT team. This is great opportunity work in an International NGO and help GOAL delivering its programmes that transform lives every day. The successful candidate will be responsible for development and delivery of solutions on Office 365 ensuring successful adoption of the Modern Workplace within GOAL, in line with the GOAL organisational strategy.
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
A hands-on role - the GOAL IT Solutions Manager will work with GOALs Software developer – the Solutions Team - to design and roll out innovative solutions designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our global team in their implementation of our programmes. GOAL has a hybrid Office 365 solution across the GOAL global (13 different countries). In addition to liaising with these country teams, they will work with the business analysts to develop solutions based on requirements from all GOAL departments , design, develop and roll out a pipeline of global Office 365 solutions. The solution manager will also liaise with relevant stakeholders and the GOAL Business Analysts to assess available solutions and manage the rollout of third-party solutions as business needs arise.
Duties and responsibilities
Problem Analysis & Solution Design
- Liaising with business analysts to develop solutions to resolve end user and business pain-points, and analyse, design and develop solutions on the Office 365 platform.
- Lead the design and roll out the GOAL Office 365 hybrid environment according to best practices. This will allow users across the globe, many with very limited bandwidth to access and work with essential GOAL solutions.
- With the software developer supplying estimates for time and resources required per project and identification of risks there-of to ensure on-time completionand acceptance.
- Integration of SharePoint and other solutions with GOAL’s line of Business (LOB) systemsand Microsoft Azure.
- Provide support to the Country office teams to successfully migrate data to the cloud from existing country servers, ensuring the clear identification and organisation of data, and adoption of solutions from the country teams.
- Work with the Heads of Donor Compliance, Logistics and Internal Audit to ensure that all GOALs systems align with the strategy of centralisation of information and required compliance standards
- With the business analysts and system owners design the roll-out and change management plan of solutions that will ensure effective user adoption
- Where appropriate work with Logistics to identify external vendors and consultants for pieces of work and manage resulting contracts.
- Ensure Global IT manager and GOAL CTO receive up to date reporting on project pipeline status, advising on risks and road-blocks and propose solutions where applicable.
- Undertake other special projects as required and directed by the Global IT Manager or Chief Technology Officer
- Support the Global IT manager and GOAL CTO in the development of the GOAL IT Target operating model including technology solution environment review and pipeline mapping
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and policies and develop a collaborative network with peer agencies, technology companies and membership bodies within the INGO sector
- Manage the Software developer, giving guidance, training and teambuilding
- Assign individual responsibilitiesto solutions team, with follow up and support as required to enable successful solution delivery
The successful candidate must be able to successfully multitask, work to changing priorities and be a proactive communicator in this dynamic work environment. They should also have the communication and presentation skills required to translate a technical solution to non-technical staff.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- +5-years' experience in a Solutions position or similar role is required.
- Extensive Office 365 and Azure knowledge with demonstratable experience rolling out solutions based on the Microsoft stack e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, .Net, SQL, SharePoint, BPM tools, Dynamics Online, Data Migration Tools, PowerShell.
- Development pipeline planning and management demonstratable experience
- Proven experience leading a team and rolling out complex solution across multiple geographic locations.
- Project management and change management experience
- Certification in project and/or change management
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sectors
General Terms and Conditions
GOAL has a suite of integrity policies which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, children, vulnerable people and staff from exploitation. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and employee obligations. Job offers may be subject to police clearance.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.
GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.
All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [and vilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.