GOAL is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our IT team as a Solutions Architect. This is great opportunity work in an International NGO and help boost the efficiency and effectiveness of GOAL's programmes that transform lives around the world. The successful candidate will lead a team of SharePoint professionals to deliver innovative solutions on Office 365 ensuring successful adoption of the Modern Workplace within GOAL, in line with the GOAL organisational strategy.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 5-10 years' experience in a Solutions architect position or similar role
- Extensive Office 365 and Azure knowledge with demonstratable experience rolling out solutions based on the Microsoft stack e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, .Net, SQL, SharePoint, BPM tools, Dynamics Online, Data Migration Tools, PowerShell.
- Project management and change management experience, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience leading a team and rolling out complex solution across multiple geographic locations
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Certification in project and/or change management is desirable
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sectors, particularly in monitoring and evaluation is desirable
Reporting into the Head of IT, you willlead the IT Solution delivery team and work with GOAL global (13 different countries) as well as all GOAL departments, to gather and analyse requirements, design, develop and roll out a pipeline of global Office 365 solutions. You will also liaise with relevant stakeholders and the GOAL Business Analysts to analyse requirements, assess available solutions and manage the roll out of third-party solutions as business needs arise.
Key areas of work will be:
Problem Analysis & Solution Design
- Liaising with end-users to identify business pain-points, and analyse, design and develop solutions on the Office 365 platform.
- Lead the design and roll out the GOAL Office 365 hybrid environment according to best practices. This will allow users across the globe, many with very limited bandwidth to access and work with essential GOAL solutions.
- Lead solution design team in supplying estimates for time and resources required per project and identification of risks there-of to ensure on-time completionand acceptance.
- Integrate SharePoint and other solutions with GOAL’s line of Business (LOB) systemsand Microsoft Azure.
- Provide support to the Country office teams to successfully migrate data to the cloud from existing country servers, ensuring the clear identification and organisation of data, and adoption of solutions from the country teams.
- Work with the Heads of Donor Compliance, Logistics and Internal Audit to ensure that all GOALs systems align with the strategy of centralisation of information and required compliance standards
- With the business owners design the roll-out and change management plan of solutions that will ensure effective user adoption
- Where appropriate work with Logistics to identify external vendors and consultants for pieces of work and manage resulting contracts.
- Ensure Global IT manager and GOAL CTO receive up to date reporting on project pipeline status, advising on risks and road blocks and propose solutions where applicable.
- Undertake other special projects as required and directed by the Global IT Manager or Chief Technology Officer
- Support the Global IT manager and GOAL CTO in the development of the GOAL IT Target operating model including technology solution environment review and pipeline mapping
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and policies and develop a collaborative network with peer agencies, technology companies and membership bodies within the INGO sector
- Lead a team of SharePoint professionals, giving guidance, training and teambuilding
- Assign individual responsibilitiesto solution architect team, with follow up and support as required to enable successful solution delivery
The role is based in the Dublin office but remote working can be considered. Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the opportunity to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a suite of integrity policies which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, children, vulnerable people and staff from exploitation. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and employee obligations. Job offers are subject to background checks.GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.