Apply for this positionApply Now
GENERAL DESCRIPTION GOAL
GOAL intervenes in Haiti mainly in the vulnerable neighbourhoods of the metropolitan area of Port au Prince, and in the south of the country in Les Cayes and Jérémie.
Since arriving in Haiti in 2010, GOAL has been helping the most vulnerable people affected by disasters. Today GOAL is in a phase of strategic transition between emergency, rehabilitation and development. In all its programs, GOAL adopts an approach based on community engagement and participation.
GOAL operates in three main areas: reconstruction and risk management; water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and economic development.
All the programs implemented by GOAL have the common objective of increasing the resilience of communities to risks and disasters by creating a more secure environment where access to economic resources is facilitated.
For the year 2019, GOAL with the financial support of the Irish government will implement a project focusing on resilience, the system of life, social inclusion and behaviour change, and with the support of the European Union projects on urban resilience and governance.
These Projects will contribute to increasing the resilience and living conditions of the inhabitants of precarious neighbourhoods in Jérémie and Port au Prince in the neighbourhood of Turgeau, Canapé vert and Bas peu de chose.
General description of the role:
The Assistant Country Director System will be under the direct supervision of the Country Director. He/she will be involved in the management of the logistics, human resources, IT, Security, and administration departments, as well as field logistics managers to ensure that the support systems meet the requirements placed on them are imposed. Significant emphasis will be placed on capacity development of the above departments, with emphasis on compliance with GOAL and donor rules and regulations and resolving audit issues.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Logistics, Procurement and IT teams, support them to meet GOAL logistics requirements and review training needs/monitor performance
- Contribute to donor proposals and reports in accordance with guidelines and deadlines
- Ensure internal and external audit and compliance issues are monitored and managed through to resolution
- Monitor and control operating expenses (base costs) to ensure they remain within available funding and agreed budgets
- Represent GOAL and the country program as appropriate to external stakeholders
- Act as a member of the management team and deputize for the CD
- Directly supervise the Safety and Security Manager with a dotted line to the Country Director
- Ensure there is timely communication of security advisories so that senior management and staff are aware of safety and security issues and are kept informed of all developments in security and are able to take appropriate measures if necessary
- Ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to maximize the safety and security of all GOAL staff and that these systems and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Ensure that safety and security are integrated into all areas of planning and operations
- Support for the timely review of Security SSEPs and SOP procedures
- Ensure full compliance with SSEP and SOP procedures for the security of staff and office premises
- Liaise with the HQ and Regional Security Advisor or their designated staff member on all security matters.
- Directly lead the Logistics Manager and provide oversight and support to the Logistics Department
- Overall oversight and supervision of logistics operations in Port au Prince and all field offices: including procurement/supply chain, stores, inventory and asset management, premises, security and fleet
- Ensure an effective system is in place for asset management and replenishment planning
- Ensure that an effective system is in place for the management and renewal of contracts
- Ensure that GOAL's logistics services and transport fleet meet program needs
- Ensure that quality logistics reports are produced and submitted on time, with regular review and feedback on improvements to reporting tools and processes
- Ensure that an effective system is in place for technical support and supervision of field logistics teams
- Ensure that logistics operations are aligned with the GOAL logistics manual and with donor requirements.
- Directly supervise the IT Officer and provide supervision and support to the IT department
- Ensure IT planning reflects program priorities
- Provide support and oversight by the IT team for IT-related issues, including adherence to IT guidelines
- Liaise with Dublin IT Support regarding IT maintenance and the management and formatting of IT equipment
- Ensure that regular backups and anti-virus checks are carried out
- Ensure that all IT components (hardware, software, data, processes and people) keep pace with technological change.
- Monitor employment procedures and policies in accordance with GOAL standards and evolving requirements of national labour laws
- Ensure that the hiring of staff is carried out efficiently and in accordance with agency policy and national labour law
- Ensure HR capacity building in the proper administration of salaries and benefits including the preparation of payroll in an accurate and timely manner and ensure that documents (including timesheets with correct donor codes) are available
- Ensure HR capacity building by ensuring recruitment processes align with agency strategy and are done efficiently
- Co-develop with SMT and relevant key managers and implement effective staff training programs, staff retention initiatives and nationalization strategies to optimize staff capacity and resources
Important information about working with GOAL:
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience in HR, administration and logistics related management at a senior management level with Finance experience desirable
- 3+ years’ experience of overseas management
- A master’s level degree in a related subject and experience in Administration and personnel management; audit experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of key donor rules and regulations and implementation of strong compliance and control framework
- Strong experience liaising with governmental / local authorities and other NGO’s
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan projects, timetable activities and oversee staff work with a strong ability for budget control and financial management skills
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.