Apply for this positionApply Now
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor and the vulnerable and is currently operating in 14 countries world-wide. GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations to supporting the development of healthcare services and building sustainable livelihoods. Since its foundation, GOAL has allocated more than €910 million to programmes in over 60 countries.
GOAL has an annual budget of approximately €130 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Irish Government, UK Government, USAID, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. Informed by its track record over the last 40 years, GOAL remains committed to responding to humanitarian crises and tackling extreme poverty around the world.
Overview of the role
The Projects Manager, is a member of GOALs’ IT team, reporting into the Director of Corporate Services and Technology. The purpose of the role is to manage the GOAL IT projects roadmap and lead a team of Project Manager/Business Analysts in using best-practice methodologies to manage and successfully deploy technology solutions across GOAL’s global landscape.
- Responsible for coordinating the prioritization of the technology project pipeline and overseeing the management and implementation of IT projects across GOAL’s global locations.
- To develop and implement structured project management and delivery methods, using industry standard methodologies, to optimize management and reporting of IT projects.
- To support the GOAL Head of Corporate Services and Information Technology and the GOAL Senior Management Team through the provision of accurate, timely project reporting.
- To engage and build strong relationships with Senior Stakeholders to ensure understanding, engagement, and support for IT project delivery across all functional areas within GOAL.
- Working with an International IT team to deliver technology solutions into GOAL’s 15 countries of operation to meet the objectives and needs of impacted business functions.
- Identify and manage dependencies, risks and issues, which may affect the successful delivery of the project.
- To develop the project management/business analysis competency within GOAL, providing leadership and line management to a small team of Business Analysts/Project Managers
- Drive a culture of innovation and change in the design and implementation of key organisational projects.
- Support identification & selection of appropriate solutions (technical & non-technical) which deliver business process improvements, and value across the organisation and ensuring a comprehensive project specification and project scope is in place for all assigned projects.
- Analyse and document business requirements and business process.
- Work with business stakeholders to define their vision and requirements, then working with technical colleagues to develop and deliver the solution
- Work on projects which look to streamline and improve processes, identify and track benefits or implement effective business change
- Ensure Change management is incorporated into all IT project implementation plans, to increase successful outcomes of IT projects.
- Any other duties as may be deemed appropriate by the Director of Corporate Services and Technology
Qualifications and Attributes
- Strong Project Management Expertise
- Experience working across IT functions
- Experience in process mapping and business requirements definition
- Experience in training design and delivery
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of strategic organisational issues
- Has successfully managed different projects and work activities at the same time and can demonstrate being able to effectively prioritise between competing demands in a tight time window
- Experience of ‘end-to-end’ IT project delivery including proof of concept, statement of requirements, project planning, project monitoring and update, implementation, hypercare and transition to service delivery.
- Experience in operating at Senior Management level and stakeholder engagement within organizations.
- Line management experience and ensuring the professional development of line reports
- Knowledge and use of industry recognised methodologies for Project Management, AGILE development and Change Management (e.g. ADKAR, SCRUM, Prince II, PMP).
- Understanding of ERP, HR or CRM technology solutions
- Experience in the not-for-profit or public sectors desirable
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Practices and promotes a strong focus on delivering high quality customer service, for internal and external customers
- Treats others with diplomacy, tact, courtesy, and respect, even in challenging circumstances
- Presents information clearly, concisely, and confidently when speaking and in writing
- Collaborates and supports colleagues to achieve organisational goals
Commitment to GOAL Values
- Strives to perform at a high level, investing significant energy to achieve agreed objectives
- Ensures that the field is at the heart of all services provided
- Upholds high standards of honesty, ethics, and integrity