Apply for this positionApply Now
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
An important role within the Fundraising and Marketing team, the CRM Data Analyst will be responsible for the development and delivery of a CRM Strategy and wider use of data, ensuring a data led approach to GOAL’s fundraising and marketing activities. This will be achieved through the provision of excellent targeting and data segmentation, evaluation and reporting, and increasing adoption and utilisation of data and related systems in the activities of the wider fundraising team.
Ensuring data integrity, GDPR compliance, development of management and performance dashboards, management of other databases and systems and support of fundraising and marketing campaigns will also be key activities involved in the role.
This role will suit a candidate with significant experience in the management of a CRM System (ideally Microsoft Dynamics) in a busy environment where marketing and reporting requirements are varied. The CRM and Data Analyst will be expected to be both proactive in their approach to how data is used to guide and inform our fundraising activities, while also supporting team members with their day-to-day data needs. Experience working on direct marketing campaigns on segmentation, targeting and reporting will be highly valued.
In return, you will become part of an international organisation founded over 40 years ago in Ireland that has a proud history of responding to humanitarian crises where and when they happen, saving lives and transforming futures. You will also be part of a dynamic, collaborative and supportive Fundraising Team that places real value on teamwork and the power of data to inform strategy and decision making.
Data & CRM Operations Management
- Lead the day-to-day operations and management of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform
- Adopt a continuous optimisation approach to data flows, seeking to improve efficiencies on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain an effective system of regular data cleaning and data management.
- Create reports and dashboards for use by team members and senior management to assess and improve fundraising performance while delivering support and campaign insights.
- Work with the IT team on the Change Request log / roadmap to identify business requirements and work to solutions
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and inputting of data by CRM users and ensure that a high standard of data quality is maintained across the whole business.
- Work with users to improve the usability of the CRM.
- Segmentation and targeting of supporters and producing subsequent data lists for frequent marketing and mailing campaigns (direct mail, events, email blasts).
- Manage the creation, testing and refinement of ongoing automation plans, which cover the full supporter lifecycle and all supporter journeys through CRM
- Work with our GDPR project team to apply data governance principles and processes and support the business in achieving compliance against relevant data regulations.
- Act as lead focal point with CRM external support agency on development projects and support issues.
Strategy, Planning and Leadership
- Provide strategic input to members of the fundraising team across direct marketing, events, digital and corporate strategy to deliver improved outcomes through optimised use of data.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of strategic projects to improve CRM technology and usage.
- Provide training and coaching to team members on effective and best practise use of GOAL’s CRM system to support their daily data needs and increase ‘self-service’ capacity.
- Show leadership skills in a busy and demanding environment, proactively delivering on priorities around supporter and donation data, insights and reporting.
- Champion the opportunities and benefits of a ‘data first’ approach to marketing by demonstrating effective CRM approaches to marketing and fundraising.
- Provide data led insights to drive fundraising strategy and resource allocation, including the evaluation of campaign performance and metrics, such as return on investment.
- Create presentations and reports (live, monthly, annual) for internal stakeholders and management to educate and inform strategy, geographic and demographic understanding of our supporter base.
Budget Development and Coordination
- Support the Director of Fundraising in budget management processes and cycles, including supporting the coordination and development of annual team budgets and reforecasts.
- Support the evaluation of fundraising strategies and activities through the analysis of relevant metrics and measurements, such as return on investment, value for money, cost per acquisition etc.
- Liaise with the Finance Team to ensure the smooth flow of accurate data and financial information between teams and relevant systems.
- Support where and when required in the completion of specific processes related to the reconciliation of Fundraising and Finance financial and donor information.
- 3+ years’ experience of strategically managing and using CRM systems (Microsoft Dynamics), preferably within a fundraising, non-profit or direct marketing environment.
- Professional or academic qualification in data analysis, analytics or other data related discipline, or comparable professional experience.
- Extensive understanding of CRM and data principles including automation, data structures, integrated systems, data importing and logic.
- Demonstrable background in taking complex and large data sets and distilling them into actionable insights, through presentations and contributing to strategy development.
- 3+ years of experience working with several systems in parallel to CRMs to support integrated marketing and supporter engagement strategies (CRM, email & website platforms, third party platforms).
- Experience of working within a team to re-enforcing CRM best practise, through communication, coaching and process development.
- Certification or training in data privacy (GDPR) and best practise.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
- MS Dynamics certifications
- Microsoft Power BI experience or similar (e.g. Tableau).
- DAX language for Power BI.
- Data Mining experience e.g., the R and Python programming languages
- Familiarity with digital and marketing platforms, such as Mail Chimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience of managing or working with customer service representatives on CRM systems.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has Standards of Integrity and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to apply as early as possible.
Will you be part of our vision for the future?
GOAL believes in a world where poverty no longer exists, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to well-being are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. Join our team and help bring this vision to life.
Everyday around the world, GOAL is working on the front lines of crises and emergency
Whether they're based in the field or an HQ office, GOAL's teams are dedicated to doing everything they can to supporting those in need.
If you are ready to take on challenging, rewarding and life-saving work, apply for one of our open positions today.
Looking for application and interview tips? Read our short guide for applicants.
GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
GOAL ensures data privacy for all job candidates during the recruitment and selection process. Please also kindly note that GOAL will never solicit money for interviews.
Candidates who apply will only be contacted through a verified GOAL email address. E.g if you are liaising with a member of GOAL's Irish based Global Talent Acquisition Team, the email will be coming from a @goal.ie address.
If you are liaising with a member of our recruitment team from a country office (e.g. GOAL Uganda), the email will be coming from a @ug.goal.ie email address. All emails will originate from a goal.ie address.