Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of around 2,500 people dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General Description of this role
To ensure the proper management of GOAL’s human resources and administration in accordance with GOAL’s management framework and local legislation. To be the leader in defining Human Resources strategy and advising managers. Be the focal point with the administrative authorities (Labour Inspectorate, Lawyer, Social Security, Taxes, etc.).
Represents GOAL in inter-NGO administrative forums. Management, anticipation of recruitment, drafting of job profiles, etc.)
- Set up a HR department for coordination with recruitment and training of a national team
- Define job profiles and performance objectives for team members
- Carry out the assessments of its team in an approach of professional course
- Facilitating training actions to develop/reinforce team skills on HR and cross-functional themes.
- Propose and support job changes in accordance with GOAL policies
- Identify the skills that team members need to acquire to master their positions and organize training to reinforce them
- Organize and lead team meetings
- Ensure that the induction process is understood by the stakeholders and ensure HR induction of all staff
- Implement the Goal Recruitment policy in the country office and in all positions
- Participate in the recruitment process;for country positions and provide tests for Hiring Managers where needed
- Produce the monthly HR report and related documents
- Ensure that the legal documents are updated for the proper functioning of GOAL
- Ensure annual registration of lease contracts, house contracts, coordination, and projects
- Ensure the legal monitoring of GOAL by creating and maintaining a network of relevant information in its areas of responsibility and on labour and tax legislation
- Contribute to the definition, validation and application of documents, procedures, and policies for personnel management (internal regulations, contracts, recruitment policies, etc.)
- Initiate the definition and revision of documents, procedures, and policies for which he/she is responsible in accordance with local legislation and GOAL procedures
- Participate in the implementation of agreement protocols between GOAL and their partners
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- First Degree in HR, Law, Business Administration, or any other relevant field
- Previous experience in the humanitarian or development field in HR and administration in Ukraine
- Strong knowledge in interpretation and application of the Ukrainian Labour Law and other relevant legislation relevant to HR.
- Ability to work at pace while under pressure
- Resilient and ability to cope with setbacks
- Very good organisational skills and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work as a team in multicultural contexts
- Training and coaching skills
- Ability to consistently role model the GOAL Values of Humanitarianism, Courage, Integrity, Respect and Partnership
- Ukrainian and Russian languages
- A good command of spoken and written English is essential
;PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
As part of his/her duties, may meet children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good conduct will be required.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
;This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.