Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €115 million and is supported by a diverse range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations.
Overview of the role
GOAL is looking for a motivated, committed and technically talented IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our HQ IT team. This is a great opportunity to work in an International NGO, playing a key role in the provision of accessible, secure and sustainable technology solutions to a team of over 2,500 staff worldwide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of IT infrastructure and systems across GOAL, though close liaison with country office teams is required, enabling GOAL Global to achieve its global organisational strategy.
Infrastructure implementation and support
- Technical project lead for global IT infrastructure projects including e.g. Azure Hybrid/Cloud infrastructure, endpoint management
- Ensure global network management and security hardware\software is configured for optimal security and end user efficiency
- Support In-Country IT teams (including hands-on troubleshooting) to implement any changes to IT systems including training, primarily via remote support but also by field visits to country when applicable
- Provide technical advice on new office setups in GOAL Global, working with logistics (Dublin and in country) in reviewing IT equipment needs
- Escalation point of contact for technical issues from IT Helpdesk across all GOAL countries;
- IT focal point for global Emergency response, including ensuring the IT emergency response guidelines are kept current and participating in emergency responses as required.
;Representation & Coordination
- Lead Country IT coordination meetings, ensuring issues are escalated and include activities promoting ongoing learning of IT country technical resources
- Liaise with IT Service Manager and Internal Audit and Compliance to support donor, internal audit and other assurance reporting and issues support as required.
- Keep current with industry best practice, participate and represent GOAL at selected forums, to promote and share GOAL project learnings, establish new partnerships and learning from peers.
;Strategy and Leadership
- Provide technical input into ICT Strategic Planning and Implementation, including advice and support to key stakeholders, business owners, Country programmes throughout GOAL;
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues to deliver the best results for the organisation
- Service-orientated approach (sense of urgency), including prioritisation and timely support
- Lead by example with integrity at the heart of all your work
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives
- 3+ years of technical experience as senior engineer ideally in a complex technology environment
- Experience of maintaining and implementing IT infrastructure including Networking (LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Network Security, Wireless Networks), Windows Servers, Active Directory and Cloud services.
- Extensive Office 365 and Azure knowledge with demonstratable hands-on experience in solutions based on the Microsoft stack e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Intune, SharePoint, PowerShell.
- Demonstrated experience and solutions-driven approach suited to solving problems in across programme sites, in multiple geographic locations, with varying levels of IT infrastructure
- Proven ability to train, coach and mentor IT staff across a variety of locations
- Excellent troubleshooting skills including research and fast learning of new technologies;
- Over 3 years project and change management experience, certification desirable including management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, proven record in successful proposals for business improvements;
- Willingness to travel to programme sites if required, on occasion at short notice
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sector
- Languages (Arabic, French and Spanish) desirable