Closing Date for Applications: 01/11/2021
To provide administrative support to the GOAL Syria & Turkey Programme, specifically related to high value procurements, ensuring that all procurement is conducted in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures, relevant donor requirements, and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist HQ Procurement team to ensure that all procurement procedures are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual.
- Lead the upload and initial reviewer for Anti-Terror and Sanctions Checks (ATSCs) and ensure the file is complete and kept up to date, and ATSCs for suppliers are renewed as per GOAL policy.
- Help to facilitate and administer the tender process for high value procurements by drafting necessary documents, advertisement of tenders and supplier communication.
- Assist with the scheduling, facilitation and admin duties associated with Tender and Procurement Committees.
- Attend HQ and field meetings and provide note-taking support as requested.
Procurement Filing & Reporting
- Ensure that the HQ Master procurement tracker and Syria/Turkey procurement trackers are updated and up to date.
- Ensure that the GOAL HQ procurement files for Turkey and Syria programmes are up to date and complete in line with the GOAL Procurement Chart.
- Help maintain an up-to-date list of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support the tracking of procurement processes to advance in accordance with agreed timelines of each process.
- Update other trackers, reports, visuals and filing as requested.
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the HQ Procurement Coordinator for Syria & Turkey programmes.
- Education: Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel).
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment.
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours if required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar.
- Experience of working in the I/NGO environment
- Experience of working in procurement and logistic based
- Working knowledge of Turkish language is desirable
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.