General Background of the Programme
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability. GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
GOAL is currently working in 4 states in 12 localities. Working directly in North Darfur and South Kordofan States and through national partners in Kassala and Gedarif states. North Darfur (Direct implementation) in Kutum, Umbaro, and Seref Umera with main coordination office in El Fashir. In South Kordofan (Direct Implementation) in Dillinge, Habilla, Abu Karshola, RASHAD, Abu Jabeha and Talodi as well as coordination office in Kadugli. The current GOAL programmes focus on four main sectors:; Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL).
General Description of the Role
Procurement and Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for managing and overseeing the Procurement and Logistics Functions of the whole GOAL Sudan programme:
- Procurement must follow GOAL and/or donor guidelines.
- Warehouses must be secure, with stock properly recorded and accounted for
- Assets must be properly recorded and tracked.
- Fleet must be safe, properly used and fully reported on
- Distributions must be properly planned and resourced, with supplies delivered on time every time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (non exhaustive list)
Responsible and accountable for all supply chain related activities with respect to the following tasks:
- Coordinating the procurement activities for North Darfur and South Kordofan. Providing technical guidance to procurement managers in collaboration with the field coordinators and Area Coordinators.
- Carry out all international procurements (including procurement of medicines, medical equipment) from start to finish.
- Oversee and manage all national (including head office level) procurements and ensure they are in line with programme requirements, GOAL procurement policies, processes and quality standards.
- Full execution of the new PR generator application by;
- Ensuring that the country logistic review group are monitoring the Purchase Requests (PRs) have clear descriptions, specifications, budget codes and lead time before starting to process them...
Logistics (Stock, Fleet, Asset)
- Coordinating the logistics activities for all locations. Providing technical guidance to logistic managers in collaboration with the field coordinators and Area Coordinators.
- Supervising and providing a logistical support to the different GOAL bases and projects in collaboration with the logistic managers...
- Ensure that GOAL standard procedures are in place for stock management at all levels (stock cards, waybills, stock requests, inventories) specific focus on medical warehousing. New stock manual recently launched to be followed.
- Ensure goods transportation means are secured as per needs (KHT to field).
- Coordinate & follow-up deliveries & liaise efficiently with suppliers for problem solving (KHT to field locations).
Fleet and transportation:
- Ensure that GOAL standard procedures are in place for Fleet management at all levels. Recently updated Global Fleet Manual to be implemented fully with capacity building of same.
- Support field offices in maintaining efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
- Control & optimize fleet costs by ensuring that the GOAL online fleet ap is up to date and monitored...
- Ensure that GOAL standard procedures are in place for Asset management at all levels.
- Support the field offices in maintaining an up-to-date asset inventory, including proper asset labelling; investigate and document any loss or damage.
- Manage random asset inventories to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability and take the needed corrective actions...
Human Resources Management
- Jointly with Systems Director, manage performance of procurement and logistic personnel in accordance with GOAL HR policy: including recruitment, evaluation, annual leave planning and other managerial duties...
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree or Certification in Supply Chain/Logistics Management, Business Management or related field preferred.
- Proven and significant experience. At least 4 years’ experience in supply chain, including an ability to review procurement demands and trends, and to develop strategies to fill identified gaps.
- At least 2 of which, working as an international in the humanitarian sector, preferable in East Africa.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors with at least two of the following donors: BHA, UNOCHA, IA, ECHO and EU and knowledge of donor compliance guidelines in respect of procurement.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Highly organised with good administration skills for order and information management, able to develop filing systems and databases to ensure an auditable trail.
- Must be able to function effectively in complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies, including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
- A high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel and other computer package are an added advantage).
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Commitment to GOAL’s values.
Our package includes a competitive salary, shared accommodation, health and travel insurance and 20 days annual leave. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service.;
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.