Location: DublinJob Purpose
This is an exciting and dynamic role within the Fundraising department of GOAL, this role will report directly into the Community Fundraising and Events Manager. This role offers a wide scope to the successful candidate in developing a skill set surrounding community and events fundraising experience.
An important role within the Fundraising department, the Community Fundraising and Events Officer will help to implement, and drive growth of fundraising activities (including national community events) run by GOAL. The Officer will support the growth and development of at least four national fundraising campaigns. The individual will also manage and develop community contacts to increase engagement in GOAL’s national events.Main Duties
Delivery of income targets through
- Manage relationships with GOAL community event organisers through continuous email/phone contact and attending face to face meetings throughout Ireland.
- Drive participation from individuals, corporates and schools in GOAL’s National Fundraising campaigns including but not limited to GOAL MILE, GOAL JERSEY DAY and the GOAL BALL through proactive communication by phone, email and other channels with existing and prospective supporters.
Strong execution and delivery of National events
- Provide administrative support, communications support and events support to the fundraising team.
- Ensure the delivery of events on time and within budget.
- Ensure GOAL brand is enhanced through the quality of the events for participants.
- Support in generating new fundraising event initiatives.
- Develop and implement digital and social media marketing strategies to promote GOAL events
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure delivery of robust reporting to ensure KPI’s are being reached
- Manage and maintain financial and supporter data through GOAL’s CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics) and Excel databases.
- Review and analyse previous GOAL fundraising efforts to ensure continuous improvement
- Oversee events expenditures to ensure highest ROI
- Provide market insight and competitive analysis to inform the GOAL strategy
- Identify market opportunities for GOAL to test
- Other Duties
- To provide support and assistance to the Head of Fundraising and the Fundraising team as required
- Strong ability to work with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrable experience in relationship or account management, customer service or stakeholder engagement.
- Qualification in Marketing, Events, PR or Sales is preferred.
- Experience in implementing digital and/or social media marketing campaigns is preferred
- Strong customer orientation with excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Full driving license
- The ability to travel when required to community fundraising meetings across Ireland/N.Ireland.
- Experience using CRM Systems (e.g. Dynamics, Salesforce, Raisers Edge).
- Flexibility to work occasionally outside normal working hours to attend special events, volunteer meetings and other events
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the world’s most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 countries in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, providing emergency response in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.