Senior Funding and Partnerships Executive – United Kingdom
Reporting to: Director of International Funding and Business Development.
Location: London (or location with accessibility to London)
;Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor and the vulnerable and is currently operating in 13 countries world-wide. GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations to supporting the development of healthcare services and building sustainable livelihoods. Since its foundation, GOAL has allocated more than €910 million to programmes in over 60 countries.
GOAL has an annual budget of approximately €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Irish Government, UK Government, USAID, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. Informed by its track record over the last 40 years, GOAL remains committed to responding to humanitarian crises and tackling extreme poverty around the world.;For more information, visit www.goalglobal.org.
GOAL identifies, develops and manages opportunities to work with others and further GOAL’s organisational objective of reducing extreme poverty and strengthening resilience through pro-active engagement with an array of global partners, such as donors (institutional and large foundations), international NGOs and commercial entities. GOAL is recruiting a Senior Donor Partnerships Executive – United Kingdom to lead the expansion and diversification of its portfolio within the UK market.
Overview of the role
Reporting to the Global Director of Funding and Business Development, the Senior Donor Partnerships Executive – United Kingdom will lead GOAL’s funding and partnership strategy in the United Kingdom (UK). GOAL has adopted an ambitious funding strategy that seeks to develop existing and build more strategic partnerships with bilateral and multilateral donor agencies within the UK market to increase their income, influence, and programmatic impact. These partnerships will include institutional donors along with trusts, foundations and alternative donors.
GOAL is looking for a determined, passionate individual who can lead on developing these partnerships, with a particular focus on FCDO and other governmental agencies. In conjunction with the Global Business Development Team, the successful candidate will also play a lead role in development of new partner relationships for GOAL globally beyond United Kingdom.
A strong communicator who is skilled at building long term, productive relationships, s/he will play a key role in the implementation of our global funding strategy and work with team members in the Global Business Development Team along with our Country programmes. The successful candidate will also have an engagement role with GOAL UK’s Board of Directors.
This is very much a front-line position and GOAL is looking for a candidate who they feel can confidently be the 'face' of the organisation in front of key partners. The successful candidate will not only have the right experience but someone who really lives and breathes the organisations culture and values, with a visible passion for the work they do. S/he will have excellent interpersonal skills, excel at networking and building long-term relationships and will be proactive and creative in their work.
- Represent GOAL to donors, other International actors and stakeholders, particularly in the UK
- Lead and coordinate GOAL’s engagement with BOND.
- Guide and support GOAL’s positioning with partners or consortia. This will include positioning GOAL to partner with UK Development Consultants
- Implement a comprehensive engagement strategy with FCDO and other partners globally developing strong relationships on behalf of GOAL.
- Support the development of GOALs organizational business case or pitch to partners in the UK and beyond. This will be aligned with GOALs global strategy and UN development Goals and will impact the organization on a global level.
- Support the identification of, and analyse, new business opportunities along with development of win strategies. Advise country programmes on upcoming funding opportunities and leads prepositioning efforts; support proposal development processes where appropriate.
- Develop progress reports monthly for the Senior Management Team.
- Enhance organizational knowledge on institutional donors in the UK and beyond (trends, best practice, policies, innovations)
- Develop presentations for SMT members and Board of Directors on request.
;Sector Knowledge & networking
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of GOAL programmes and projects
- Support the development of UK commercial contracts, including guidance on risks, mitigation measure, construction of fee rates, along with adapting our systems and processes to be able to successfully apply and manage commercial contracts
- Proactively networks with the NGO and donor community
- Explore new partnerships that will support the global strategy
- Develops excellent working relationships with colleagues at GOAL HQ and field offices to understand programme budgets, resource requirements and areas of activity to enable strategic applications for funding
- Degree Level Qualifications
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in the development sector, with a good track record in business development encompassing Humanitarian Programmes .
- Deep knowledge and understanding of FCDO funding mechanisms and priorities.
- Knowledge of funding mechanisms of Europe Institutional Donors.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), networking and influencing skills.
- Proven track record devising and implementing resource mobilisation strategies.
- Ability to represent GOAL with donors, other INGOs, commercial entities and other external institutions.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people, often on a remote basis.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload, work under own initiative and demonstrate agility to changing priorities.
- Proven financial, analytical and reporting skills.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice, to GOAL’s operational locations.
- Education: Educated to Masters level
- Language skills: Arabic, French or Spanish
- Program Management Experience: Broad overseas management experience within humanitarian and development contexts
- Previous experience working for an institutional donor or foundation
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.