We are seeking a Regional Fundraising Manager to support growth plans, with a focus on the Munster region.
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising and Marketing and working closely with GOAL’s Senior Development Manager and Corporate Fundraising Manager, the successful candidate will focus on engaging existing and prospective corporate and high net worth donors, business networks and other organisations to grow raised income, develop partnerships and grow GOAL’s presence in the region.
Driven, a natural networker and people person, you will have a proven track record in fundraising, business development or marketing, ideally in the non-profit sector. You will be a self-starter, comfortable securing meetings with new contacts and managing an existing portfolio of supporters and networks.
This position will offer the opportunity to become part of an international organisation serving the needs of the most vulnerable throughout the globe. You will also be part of a dynamic, collaborative and supportive Fundraising Team who will provide guidance and everyday support from GOAL’s Head Office in Dublin.
Fundraising and Income Generation
- Lead the execution of GOAL’s Regional Fundraising Strategy (initially focused on Munster) and achieve associated income targets
- Grow, develop and nurture GOAL’s portfolio and networks of supporters (volunteers, corporate, community, individual, other) and represent GOAL in the region
- Support national campaigns (e.g. Jersey Day, GOAL Mile, GOAL Ball) by promoting locally amongst relevant and appropriate groups, networks, organisations and companies
- Contribute to GOAL’s overall fundraising income targets by securing one off donations, event donations, corporate partnerships and other financial and non-financial support
- Develop high quality proposal and briefing documents and presentations for use in securing funding, partnerships and other types of support
Communications and Engagement
- Lead GOAL’s volunteer and community fundraising mobilisation program in the Munster region by building and strengthening relationships with prospective and existing supporters, ensuring GOAL has a strong network of volunteers to support its work.
- Engage with develop strong networks and connections locally and regionally with media, community and business groups and other stakeholder groups that can support GOAL’s fundraising and engagement activities.
- Ensure high quality supporter care is delivered to GOAL supporters and volunteers in the region through the development of an engagement strategy, especially those of high value or active volunteers and fundraisers.
- Manage GOAL’s relationships with second and third level institutions (UCC, UL, schools etc), securing event participation, delivering presentations and developing multi-faceted partnerships that add value across GOAL.
Team Work, Research and Reporting
- Travel to GOAL’s Dublin HQ at least three times per month to engage with the Fundraising Team, Senior Management, GOAL’s Fundraising Advisory Board and other important stakeholders.
- Contribute to GOAL’s overall fundraising strategy and program to ensure the Fundraising Team and fully optimised to identify and capitalise on new opportunities through innovation, collaboration, networking and process improvement.
- Undertake and share research on potential supporter prospects (individual, corporate, foundations, networks, community) for further development and engagement.
- Report on all KPI’s and key activity on a monthly and quarterly basis against targets.
- 6-8 years experience in fundraising (corporate, community), or alternatively a similar period working in business development, marketing or relationship management.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, with demonstrable experience developing new business relationships and partnerships.
- Experience working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver upon ambitious financial or development targets.
- Third level qualification in business development, marketing, PR or sales.
- Excellent verbal communication skills along with persuasive presentation development and delivery skills.
- Highly organized with ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi-task.
- High levels of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work autonomously while ensuring regular and effective communication with the wider GOAL team.
- The ability to travel frequently in the Munster region and to GOAL’s Dublin HQ at least three times per month. Occasional travel to other locations in Connaught and Leinster may be required.
- Flexibility to work occasionally outside normal working hours to attend special events, volunteer meetings and other events.
- Previous experience working with an international humanitarian organisation.
- Strong network of business, sport or professional connections.
- Experience engaging with senior professionals (directors, c-suite) and securing support, partnerships and new business from same.
Accountabilitywithin GOALA commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas ofaccountability: 1)Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a childor vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
SafeguardingChildren and vulnerable adults whocome into contact withGOAL as a result of our activitiesmust be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer StatementConsistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’scommitment to equal employment opportunityand equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employeeor volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [andvilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and ConditionsThis Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.