General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the world’s most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 countries in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, providing emergency response in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
This is a key role based within GOAL’s HQ Communications Department in Dublin combining both strategic and ‘hands on’ work. Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, and working with multiple organisational departments, the Digital Communications Manager will play an important role in developing GOAL’s digital communications and content strategies, and spearhead the development of fresh, relevant content for the GOAL website and digital platforms.
The role involves leading research, the creation of new content and assets (from concept through to publication), editing, sub-editing and quality assuring new and existing content, content marketing, and content performance analysis – across an ever-expanding inventory of online channels.
This role requires a creative individual who demands excellence and is passionate about making a difference.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development of GOAL’s Digital Communication and Content strategies
- Ownership of the GOAL website including:
- Leading the development of and producing new content and writing it in an interesting and appealing manner
- Sourcing images and artwork for publications
- Co-ordinate the sourcing of good content with internal departments
- Maintaining the web site and ensure all content is accurate
- Leading as webmaster and taking overall responsibility for dealing with enquiries and oversee the management of any message boards and feedback to relevant departments
- Manage the website’s SEO strategy to improve overall search engine visibility
- Overall responsibility to conceive, edit and publish engaging and innovative content across all of GOAL’s online channels including website, blog, podcast and social media
- Support and advise GOAL’s IT Advisory Board as required
- Drive integrated digital campaigns across website and social platforms to build awareness and understanding of GOAL’s work, and support fundraising campaigns including GOAL Mile and GOAL Jersey Day
- Measure and evaluate social media campaigns, delivering on KPIs as set out in the overall communications strategy
- Monitor and research trends in social media to ensure GOAL is ahead of the curve in the online world and in a position to maximise engagement with new and existing audiences
- Develop social media communications skills internally and promote best digital practise across GOAL
- Manage a social media content calendar reflecting GOAL’s online strategic priorities
- Ensure that all content conforms with GOAL’s ethical and branding guidelines and values
- Manage and develop of GOAL’s Digital Asset Management system and content collection processes.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- 6 - 8 years experience in digital content management
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Significant experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), with Word press an advantage.
- Experience and demonstrable experience using design suites, such as Adobe Photoshop or InDesign.
- Ability to alter their style of writing to reflect the audience demonstrating an ability to simplify and explain complex issues and procedures
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritise work schedules
- Ability to work solo or in a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and respond to new opportunities and out of office work hour demands
- Be thorough and precise in all aspect of work with a good attention to detail
- Be a self-starter
- Have a broad understanding of copyright laws
- Proven track record in the development of new content including graphics, banners and data visualisations etc
- Previous experience working with a humanitarian / international development NGO is highly desirable
- Experience and demonstrable skills creating videos for online use.
General Terms and Conditions
GOAL has a suite of integrity policies which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, children, vulnerable people and staff from exploitation. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and employee obligations. Job offers may be subject to police clearance.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer