GOAL is looking to hire a dynamic individual to work as a Personal Assistant to the CEO. The individual will provide essential support to GOAL’s CEO and related work with the Senior Management Team and GOAL Board of Directors. He/she will be the coordinator of the CEO’s plans and activities.
This is an exciting and diverse work environment, incorporating multiple responsibilities for an individual who has a proven track record working as a PA. The diversity includes management, coordination, reporting, writing, creating, liaison with key stakeholders and administrative support. This job is suited to an individual who enjoys a diverse, agile, demanding and dynamic work environment.Key Relationships (Internal and External):
• CEO, Senior Management Team, Head of Departments, Receptionist, Fundraising team, Communications team, Board members, donors and visitors.Main Responsibilities:
• Act as a point of contact for the CEO, managing information flows in a timely and accurate manner.• Create high quality reports and design PowerPoint presentations, as required by the CEO.• Arrange and manage weekly and monthly meetings for GOAL Senior Management Team and manage the annual schedule of Board meetings.• Manage the development of all materials required for Board meetings and ensure timely dissemination. • Manage schedule and preparation of all materials for Board meetings for CEO in Ireland, UK and USA.
Event Coordination & Management:
• Project Management of annual events, conferences and meetings.• Management of quarterly Connect sessions in GOAL HQ.
• Manage, coordinate and maintain calendar of the CEO including appointments, meetings and travel. • Responsible for organising of internal and external meetings on behalf of the CEO ensuring all necessary requirements are met e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas. • Provide executive and administrative support to the CEO. • Responsible for organising CEO’s travel and logistics including flights, visa requirements, hotel accommodation, meeting schedules while travelling and completing expenses.• Monitor and respond to incoming communications to the CEO’s office including phone calls, emails.
Production of Resources & Materials:
• Leading the coordination of monthly board publications including content curation, proofreading, editing, design and formatting. • Creating presentations and compiling information and reports for GOAL SMT & GOAL Board of Directors.• Creating research reports as required by CEO.Essential Attributes:
• A minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role• Highly developed technical skills and proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint & Excel; experience of infographics, photoshop, i-design an advantage • Self-starter, excellent judgement, discretion and commitment to organisational values are critical• Flexibility, proactivity, adaptability, good judgement • Organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills • Well organized with an understanding of priorities and changing demands• Calm character, able to prioritise and ensure smooth execution of tasks • Fluency in English and excellent oral & writing skills • Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills • Professionalism and confidentialityDesirable:
• Travel Coordination & Event Management experience• Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner• Knowledge of multiple languages highly desirableAbout GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
• Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.• Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.• Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.Safeguarding
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.