Objectives of the role:
GOAL is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our IT team.
This is a great opportunity to work in an International NGO, playing a key role in the provision of accessible, secure and sustainable technology solutions to a team of over 2,000 personnel worldwide.
The successful candidate will lead a team of IT staff, supporting infrastructure, roll-out and delivery of systems and help-desk support, enabling GOAL Global to achieve its global organisational strategy.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Prioritisation and task management skills, alongside proactive communication style suited to a dynamic work environment.
- A Degree qualification in Information Technology or relevant field with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- 5+ years’ experience in a complex technology environment
- Experience of managing IT infrastructure across a complex organisation structure including Networking (LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Network Security, Wireless Networks), Windows Server, Active Directory topology and administration, ITIL Service Management
- Extensive Office 365 and Azure knowledge with demonstrable experience in solutions based on the Microsoft stack e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, .Net, SQL, SharePoint, BPM tools, Dynamics Online, Data Migration Tools, PowerShell.
- Demonstrated experience and solutions-driven approach suited to solving problems in across programme sites, in multiple geographic locations, with varying levels of IT infrastructure
- Established track record in presenting to multiple stakeholders including excellent communication skills – verbal and written, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly to none-technical staff
- Proven ability to train, coach and mentor IT managers across a variety of location
- Experience managing consultants/contractors/third party vendors and ensuring that they deliver as expected and represent value for money
The ideal candidate may also have:
- Over 5 years Project management and change management experience and/ or certification, including management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience developing and streamlining processes
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sectors
- Languages (Arabic, French and Spanish)
- Willingness to travel to programme sites if required
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Manage all IT systems, policies and processes used throughout GOAL: hardware, software, security systems and services.
- Development, review and adoption planning for GOAL’s IT policies
- Manage the IT Helpdesk, ensuring speedy resolutions and trends analysis.
- Establish effective, regular, interactive communication of IT Operations achievements, workplans, issues and learnings with GOAL stakeholders
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Contribute to the creation, development and implementation of GOAL’s Global IT strategy
- Prepare, monitor and manage the IT Operations budget
- Project Management of IT Operation process improvements from inception to implementation and provide technical support and assistance as required with global strategic projects
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and policies and lead HQ IT team and Country IT staff in active networking
Communication & Change Management
- Ensure timely information on KPIs, progress of workplans and reporting of incidents and progress of workplans etc. is provided
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximise employee adoption, ownership and usage
- Serve as a subject matter liaison and training focal point to internal stakeholders
- Represent GOAL at selected forums
Team Management & Leadership
- Manage HQ IT Operations team including coaching, follow up and continuous performance management
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support to country IT teams
About GOAL Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods. GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
A commitment to GOAL values and integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policyensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.