GOAL is seeking an experienced, motivated and committed individual to take a lead role as Head of Internal Audit. This is an exceptional opportunity to put your skills to use for an International NGO. This could be your next career move if you have strong leadership and decision-making skills and a proven track record of delivering results and implementing change. In this challenging position, you will help GOAL to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our risk management, control and governance processes.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- A Relevant Third level qualification in Business or Management
- Significant experience at a senior level including extensive experience managing and leading an audit or compliance function
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous International NGO experience is highly desirable especially field experience in countries where GOAL Global operates
The Internal Audit function reports to the CEO and the Audit and Risk Committee. The function consists of the Head of Internal Audit, four Roving Internal Auditors and local Internal Auditors in the countries where GOAL operates.
The key responsibilities of the of the role will be:
- Develop, implement, monitor, and deliver the annual Internal Audit plan
- Manage the Internal Audit team and make a significant contribution to the development and provision of a professional Internal Audit service within GOAL
- Develop and implement uniform audit practices and processes, including a quality assurance programme
- Effectively build and manage relationships with management and the Audit and Risk Committee
- Have an in-depth understanding of and promote the adherence to GOAL’s risk management, internal control processes, policies, manuals, procedures and external regulations such as major institutional donor rules and regulations
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
GOAL has recently completed a new 3-year strategic plan for 2019 to 2021. In this plan GOAL sets out ambitions which will transform how the organization operates and achieves change for poor and vulnerable populations.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
- Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
General Terms and Conditions
- This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.