Development Education - Workshops
GOAL offers free Development Education workshops to primary and secondary schools. These workshops use a variety of active and participatory learning methodologies to explore global issues and give students a voice and a forum to critically engage. Our curriculum-linked workshops also motivate and support students to take action for change.
Workshops for Primary Schools
This year we are offering two exciting workshops for primary schools. These workshops are:
- Suitable for 3rd to 6th class (max 35 per group)
- Approximately 90 minutes in duration
- Linked to GOAL’s Development Education resources
- Free of charge
Please note that:
- As the workshops are drama-based, appropriate space is needed (e.g. a hall, library or cleared classroom)
- A teacher is required to stay with the class for the duration of the workshop
- Schools will be asked to complete a brief survey with participating pupils prior to the GOAL visit
- Workshops are subject to availability – early booking is advised
Workshops for Primary School Pupils
Workshops for Secondary Schools
Workshops for secondary schools are developed to engage students in global issues, help them to develop an understanding by linking local to global issues and support them to take action and become active global citizens. Our development education workshops for secondary schools are:
- Flexible in duration (75 - 120 minutes depending on time available)
- Suitable for junior and senior cycle students and relevant to courses and projects such as Young Social Innovators, BT Young Scientist, CSPE Action project, LCA Contemporary Issues, etc.
- Free of charge
Please note that a teacher is required to stay with the class for the duration of the workshop. Workshops are subject to availability – early booking is advised.