Join the team
Global Citizenship Education Facilitator
GOAL Global is a humanitarian response agency, established in Ireland 45 years ago. GOAL works with highly vulnerable communities across the world, to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises. GOAL assists these communities to strengthen their local systems and build solutions to lift them out of poverty and vulnerability. GOAL is currently active in 14 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Latin America and Ukraine.
The purpose of this role is to deliver GOAL’s innovative global citizenship education workshops for young people in primary schools, youth outreach and public engagement events nationwide. The role is a part-time, freelance position with a great deal of flexibility in the location and days successful candidates will work. Facilitators will initially work approx. 10-15 days until December 2023 with further opportunities in 2024.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To facilitate GCE workshops in primary schools based on GOAL’s Global Citizenship Educational resources
- To facilitate workshops for youth outreach e.g. youth centres and community engagement organisations
- To facilitate workshops and outreach to the wider public at festivals and public engagement events
- To engage with the public at events and festivals on different areas of GOAL’s work through activations and stalls
- To assess, evaluate and report on participants’ learning.
- To engage in training and CPD.
- To aid the development of new resources by piloting them and giving feedback.
- Administrative duties including scheduling, liaising with schools/teachers, reporting, collating surveys, invoicing and expenses
Key duties and responsibilities
- Completed or currently undertaking a relevant training/qualification in the area of Primary/Post-Primary teaching and/or education and/or development education and/or facilitation or another related field.
- Experience of delivering programmes/workshops of learning, including an awareness of lesson planning, engaging with active learning methodologies and assessment
- Experience of working with children aged 4-12
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and interest in global citizenship education and related topics
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven organisation and time management skills
- Travel to various locations across Ireland
- Full clean driving license and access to own car or alternative means of reaching schools within a 50km radius of your home.
- Experience of teaching global citizenship education topics
- Experience of teaching drama or use of drama-based methodologies
- Knowledge of national curricula, developments and trends in education sector
- Commitment and interest in the work of GOAL and/or international development and humanitarian sector broadly
- Knowledge of safeguarding
€23 per hour or €138 per day
How to apply
Send a CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm on Wednesday 16th August. Interviews will take place online between 28th August and 8th September.
Successful candidates must be available to attend paid training in GOAL HQ, Dun Laoghaire on Tuesday September 19th and Wednesday 20th September.
For further information, please contact email@example.com