Apply for this positionApply Now
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 3,000 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
As Regional HR Business Partner you will be responsible for providing support to HR and country management teams in the following GOAL operating regions:
West and Southern Africa: Zimbabwe; Niger; Sierra Leone
Latin America and Caribbean: Honduras; Haiti
The GOAL Regional HRBP is a key business partner in ensuring GOAL’s people strategy is realised in each of our country programmes. Working with country and regional management and HR colleagues, and as part of the Global HR Working Group, the Regional HRBP will serve as a trusted adviser on:
- Employee relations
- Complaints and investigations
- Employee engagement
- Performance management (incl. the roll-out of GOAL’s new PMDS system)
- Talent management and development
- Recruitment and succession planning
- Compensation and benefits
- HR analytics
The Regional HRBP will play a lead role in the implementation of HR projects in their assigned region including the roll-out of GOAL policies, review and revision of HR policies, processes and systems, and collaboration on staff training and development. They will be a key player in growing operationally effective and strategic HR functions to ensure that the right country structure, processes, and talent are in place to enable impactful humanitarian programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as primary liaison for HR matters between GOAL HQ and the region, and provide mentorship and oversight of national HR Focal Points
- Working with the HR Support Officer (International) ensure effective employee lifecycle management of international employees in assigned region
- Evaluate HR functional capacity and service delivery for assigned countries, and work with the Country Director, Regional Director, HR, and Systems colleagues to build HR knowledge, expertise, and capacity.
- Support in the design, planning, and implementation of HR systems, policies, procedures, best practices, tools and resources to strengthen country and global HR functions; devise and implement HR metrics for assigned countries.
- Provide guidance on procedure and policy interpretation, compensation and benefits, recruiting and retention strategies, employee relations issues
- Maintain a knowledge base of country labour and other statutory requirements related to the management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Oversee regional delivery and implementation of global policies and procedures, operating standards, and initiatives.
- Be a strategic partner to country programmes in providing advice and guidance on the management of key people risks as identified in the Risk Management Framework.
- Contribute to annual and multi-year human resource strategies such as workforce planning, succession planning, team re-structuring and people development initiatives in assigned region.
- Support people development initiatives and facilitate professional development training sessions based on learning gaps and career development
- Provide support to management and HR focal points on performance feedback, coaching, career development, and identifying and executing appropriate actions up to and including termination
- Be a strong advocate of dignity, respect and inclusion in the workplace
- Participate as needed in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding
- Act as Focal Point for Safeguarding and grievance complaints and conduct investigations as directed
- Participate in Global HR projects and initiatives as delegated, and collaborate with other HR colleagues on various projects and initiatives
- Ad hoc administrative tasks and assignments in support of overall global and regional HR management
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 6 years of progressive HR professional experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups in multiple locations within the region or global environment required. Experience in an INGO setting preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organisational planning, organisation development, employee relations, talent management, and training and development
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish desirable
Skills and attributes:
- Strong collaboration skills with effective interpersonal and analytical skills with ability to work across countries, cultures, and organisational units
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and on deadline
- Ability to exercise sound and timely judgment and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Experience with conflict resolution, including conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while accomplishing departmental and organisational goals
- Ability to lead complex projects and initiatives that require multi-level stakeholder engagement.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Fluency in English language (spoken and written) required. Proficiency in French desirable.
- Ability to travel up to region up to 30%