Apply for this positionApply Now
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries (8 in Africa), GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
Reporting to the Information Systems & Knowledge Manager, the Information Systems & Knowledge Officer will provide support to the systematic gathering and documentation of evidence across GOAL’s programmes. This is a part time position and will be 3-4 days per week.
Duties and responsibilities
- A member of the GOAL Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) team, ensuring appropriate tools and technologies are used to support management analytics for MEAL data
- In coordination with other MEAL team members, assist in standardising GOAL surveys and data capture processes to ensure reporting and KPIs are accurate, and information is accessible to decision makers
- Support country offices implementing humanitarian and development projects by monitoring the use of software services for: form digitisation (e.g. CommCare), dashboarding (e.g. Power BI)
- At the global level, monitor the use of GOAL’s online system for centralising and standardising indicator results and ensure MEAL systems provide accurate, complete and timely insight
- Run analytics and apply statistics and data modelling to gain actionable business insights to optimise organisational efficiency and programme impact
- Enforce organisational policies and implement procedures to ensure data quality and integrity and is in compliance with statutory requirements
- Work with MEAL and programme staff to produce learning and knowledge sharing outputs
- Support the implementation of GOAL MEAL’s Learning and Knowledge Sharing Plan
- Support the production of Learning & Knowledge Sharing quarterly snapshots
- Generate insight from SCORE for incorporation into learning and knowledge sharing activities
- Ensure intranet SharePoint site is kept up-to-date with learning resources and knowledge sharing products
Requirements (Person Specification)
- 1-2 years' experience in MEAL position or similar data role is required
- Experience working with structured datasets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results-driven and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills.
- Relevant Masters degree or equivalent
- Experience working with dashboarding software (Tableau, Qlik, Looker), particularly Power BI (highly preferred)
- Knowledge of a data programming language, particularly mQuery and DAX
- Experience working on qualitative and quantitative statistical analysis software
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sectors, particularly in monitoring and evaluation.