Apply for this positionApply Now
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 3,100 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities.
The Global Compliance Advisor is a key role within GOAL to ensure that GOAL remains compliant with donor and GOAL standards. As Global Compliance Advisor you will drive and support the development of a culture of compliance including further development of the policy framework, procedures, and behaviours to ensure consistency across the GOAL organisation.
As Global Compliance Advisor you will work with relevant functional teams across the GOAL global business. You will be responsible for designing training workshops on donors’ requirements and GOAL’s Compliance Framework (including GOAL’s Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud, Conflict of Interest and Whistleblowing policies) for GOAL and implementing partner (IP) staff both in country offices and in headquarters in Dublin (HQ). You will be responsible for delivering training workshops in GOAL HQ and may be required to deliver training in overseas offices from time to time.
Working closely with and in support of GOAL’s Compliance Officer as Global Compliance Advisor you will also be responsible for reviewing, providing feedback on and consolidating quarterly compliance reports from each country office.
The role may require some travel to overseas offices from time to time.
Compliance Capacity Building
- The HQ Compliance Advisor will lead the development of training materials relating to GOAL and GOAL’s donors’ processes, policies, rules, and regulations. Training materials will be required for a variety of subjects and for use in GOAL country programme offices, including for partner staff, as well as HQ including on-line versions. As Global Compliance Advisor you will be responsible for ensuring relevant staff in country offices have the necessary tools/information to deliver training workshops in country.
- The Global Compliance Advisor will be the main training resource for GOAL’s HQ on donor requirements (including procurement, financial/admin, and programming rules) and GOAL’s Compliance and Ethics policies (Anti-Fraud, Conflict of Interest, Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing).
- The Global Compliance Advisor will manage the quarterly compliance reporting process by ensuring timely submission by each country, reviewing each report and the accompanying action point trackers, providing feedback, and preparing a consolidated report for the Compliance Manager. This report includes testing of GOAL internal controls particularly around procurement and HR. You will review the quarterly reporting process and make suggestions for improvement and make any necessary changes to the process.
Donor Programme Lifecycle
- As Global Compliance Advisor you will familiarise yourself with and keep up to date with GOAL internal policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations (including USAID, ECHO, EuropeAid, DFID and Irish Aid).
- You will provide advice to departments within GOAL, including finance, procurement, logistics and programmes, on various donor and GOAL requirements throughout the lifecycle of a project. This will include advising and collaborating with departments at proposal stage, agreement signing, partnership development, and during implementation (particularly with regards to procurement). You will report on all stages to ensure specific donor requirements are taken into consideration and/or understood by GOAL staff at the various stages of a programme grant.
- Through reviewing the quarterly compliance reports you will ensure that countries are up to date with their partner pre-award assessments and interim reviews.
- You will ensure that partnership tools such as assessment tools, interim review tools, agreement templates etc. are up to date and relevant.
- You will advise on the development of partnership agreements when necessary.
Head Office Compliance Support
- You will advise on internal policy updates when necessary to ensure policies are compliant with relevant donor or other regulatory requirements.
- You will assist with the review of any additions/amendments to GOAL’s internal manuals, assessing compatibility with donor regulations and input as required to the revision of the manuals.
- As Global Compliance Advisor you will attend and facilitate/present at GOAL conferences (e.g., Systems Conference) on matters of donor compliance.
- You will attend and represent GOAL at international and national level peer networks on Compliance and donor rules.
- A Bachelors’ degree in a relevant subject; or relevant demonstrable skills and experience to undertake the key functions of the role.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a role which involves producing reports or other written documentation e.g., communications, advocacy etc. ideally including experience at the international level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (spoken/written), including the ability to listen to and incorporate the views of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and to tailor language, tone, style, and format to match the audience.
- Ability to manage and represent numeric, financial, or other information.
- Proven ability to operate effectively across organisational boundaries, including establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to self-manage and develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; ability to foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning.
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and aptitude to learn to use new software.
- Interest in humanitarian or development programmes; and appreciation of the aims and objectives of GOAL.
- Fluent in spoken and written English with keen attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple, simultaneous demands.
- Be able to work in a high-pressure environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrable, relevant experience in an international NGO and/or in developing countries.
- Specific technical knowledge or experience of GOAL’s approaches, thematic areas, or countries.
- Fluency in Arabic, French, Spanish and/or a language spoken in any of GOAL’s operational countries.
- Proficiency in PowerBI
Will you be part of our vision for the future?
GOAL believes in a world where poverty no longer exists, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to well-being are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. Join our team and help bring this vision to life.
Everyday around the world, GOAL is working on the front lines of crises and emergency
Whether they're based in the field or an HQ office, GOAL's teams are dedicated to doing everything they can to supporting those in need.
If you are ready to take on challenging, rewarding and life-saving work, apply for one of our open positions today.
Looking for application and interview tips? Read our short guide for applicants.
GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees. We know that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
GOAL ensures data privacy for all job candidates during the recruitment and selection process. Please also kindly note that GOAL will never solicit money for interviews.
Candidates who apply will only be contacted through a verified GOAL email address. E.g if you are liaising with a member of GOAL's Irish based Global Talent Acquisition Team, the email will be coming from a @goal.ie address.
If you are liaising with a member of our recruitment team from a country office (e.g. GOAL Uganda), the email will be coming from a @ug.goal.ie email address. All emails will originate from a goal.ie address.