The Donations Officer plays a key role in the Finance function at head office, and is responsible for recording all donations received by GOAL, including GOAL UK and GOAL USA. Donations received are recorded using a Microsoft Dynamics database (CRM).; Donations take the form of cheques received in the post, credit card donations given over the phone or online via the website, standing orders, direct debits, legacy receipts.; The role can be particularly busy during emergency appeals or at the time of GOAL’s major fundraising activities.;
Key Objectives: Keep CRM accurate and up to date within agreed timeframes.;
- Open the incoming post on a daily basis, and distribute to relevant departments.
- All donations received by post (or brought to the office by donors) to be recorded in CRM, ensuring all details of each donation are properly recorded (e.g., bank account, appeal, fundraiser, full donor details, etc).
- Prepare the bank lodgement and deposit to the bank.
- Occasionally large volumes of coin may be received. It is the responsibility of the donations officer (with support) to count the coins (coin counting machine is available) and issue acknowledgements to donors/collectors, and lodge to the bank on a timely basis.;
- Import the online donations from our payment service provider account to CRM
- Enter any other donations received through an alternative form of payment (MyCharity, LikeCharity, Just Giving, bank lodgments, online bank transfers, Paypal etc) to CRM in a timely fashion.
- Download standing-order receipts from bank statements, and import to CRM
- When new standing-order pledges are received check the completed standing order forms for accuracy, set the pledge up in CRM and send the form to the donor’s bank
- Generate the monthly direct debit files within CRM, review and reconcile them to the master schedule of existing and new direct debits and submit to the bank within the appropriate timeframes for donor’s accounts to be debited.
- Reconcile direct debit receipts to the files submitted for processing
- Notify the Fundraising Team of all new, and any cancelled, direct debits on an ongoing basis.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to ensure proper monitoring, recording, and communications in respect of possible and actual legacy receipts.
- Produce a daily report of all new donations received; new and cancelled direct debit donors; and pass to the Fundraising Team who will manage all donor communications. It is important that a very close working relationship is maintained with the Fundraising team to ensure our supporters receive the best level of care and service
- Ensure all donations received for the given month have been entered to CRM. Reconcile to bank statements, prepare summary donations reports (known as CRM Summaries) by bank account and pass to your supervisor for review and sign-off.;
- Transfer the donations totals to Sage and reconcile the donations bank accounts.
- Maintain donor records in as complete and as accurate a manner as possible, ensuring all possible fields in CRM are used. The more complete the record the better.
- Maintain strong and open communications with the Fundraising Team
- Report any technical issues to IT, your line manager, and any other stakeholders, as appropriate
- Maintain appropriate physical and electronic files in good order and securely
- Ensure PCI DSS compliance in all your work
- Take on any other appropriate work as assigned by line manager
- Numbers literate; a very strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail; and comfortable handling large volumes of data
- Very good IT skills. As well as Microsoft Dynamics being the key day to day tool for this role, fluency in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, internet banking and payment collection applications, is also required.; Experience with an accounting system would also be an advantage.
- Minimum of three years experience in a finance or administration role.
- An relevant financial qualification, either complete or near completion a distinct advantage.
- A pro-active self-starter who can think on their feet, can spot issues or anomalies and take appropriate action
- Excellent organizational skills, and is comfortable dealing with a diverse range of tasks
- Adapts easily to changing circumstances and demands; a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude - a genuine team player
- Ability to identify priorities, can work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communications