Closing Date for Applications: 25/10/2021
GOAL, an international humanitarian organisation operational in 14 countries world-wide, is seeking a Global Citizenship Engagement Coordinator. The purpose of the role is to support the development and delivery of GOAL’s global citizenship programme, in particular the public engagement strategy which aims to engage targeted segments of the Irish public on selected thematic issues informed by GOAL’s programmatic work through online and offline campaigning and outreach. This role will also involve ensuring integration with and lending support to the Global Citizenship Education and Global Youth programme activities. ;
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement GOAL’s public engagement strategy and annual campaign in support of the overall achievement of GOAL’s strategic goal 5: Fostering Global Citizenship
- Develop and implement public engagement online and social media strategy targeting specific audiences with digital content in line with the campaign’s strategic objectives
- Coordinate and generate content for the campaign’s digital platforms (social media and website), traditional media and outreach activities
- Develop and manage online and offline public engagement campaign and outreach events and workshops
- Management of external media/communications agency contracts and other related service providers
- Effective project management of the campaign budget and implementation plan, including measuring effectiveness through an effective Results Framework
- Support preparation and presentation of reports based on campaign KPIs and donor funding targets
- Representation of GOAL’s Global Citizenship programme at relevant seminars, conferences and working groups; develop and maintain links with key stakeholders within both the public engagement and global citizenship education sector
- Co-facilitate GOAL’s Global Youth Programme ensuring linkages between Youth Network and Public Engagement campaign
- Provide support to GOAL’s Global Citizenship Education programme including workshop facilitation and resource development
- Ensure integration of the Global Citizenship public engagement strategy and activities with GOAL’s communications, fundraising and marketing objectives liaising with relevant department and colleagues
- Proactive identification of public private partnership and additional funding opportunities
- To ensure linkages between GOAL’s Global Citizenship programme, our work overseas and our strategic plan
- Develop robust monitoring and evaluation tools in order to review the effectiveness of the programme at all stages of development and implementation, and adjust the vision for the future of the programme accordingly.
- Participate as a member of the GOAL team in team meetings, project meetings and other forums.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Global Citizenship Manager.
Relevant third level qualification ideally in the area of external relations, communications, marketing, international relations/affairs, development studies or human rights; other relevant qualifications or evidence of comparable professional or volunteer experience may be considered
- At least three years’ experience in public engagement, external relations, campaigning and/or marketing in a voluntary or professional capacity
- Proven experience of developing, coordinating and delivering successful public engagement campaigns and/or outreach programmes
- A thorough understanding of and experience managing social media and online communications platforms
- Creativity in developing multimedia and social media content for engaging various audiences
- Excellent communications and presentation skills (oral & written), with the ability to communicate complex messages in an accessible manner for varied audiences
- Proven project management, event management, time management and organisational skills and ability to optimise independent use of time against variable workload.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic team player, happy to share learning and collaborate while also able to work on own initiative
- Full driving license
- Knowledge and experience of global citizenship/development education and/or youth work and programming
- Commitment and interest in the work of GOAL and it’s key strategic priority areas
- Facilitation skills
Note: As an organisation who works closely with children and youth, GOAL has a comprehensive Child Protection Policy.; Any offer of work is subject to standard Garda vetting.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.