Closing Date for Applications: 6th September 2021
General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the world’s most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 countries in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, providing emergency response in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €120 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
For more information, visit www.goalglobal.org
Based in GOAL Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, this role combines both strategic and operational responsibilities. Reporting to the Head of External Affairs, the Marketing Manager will contribute to the planning and implementation of strategic and programme marketing while supporting business development initiatives to support the mission and vision of GOAL.; ;Expanding awareness, engaging the public, attracting new audiences, developing marketing, and building market share will be core areas of focus. The Manager will be responsible for building the systems that grow our core audience, mobilise a large diverse community of followers and engage in a wide range of conversations about challenging topics in a way that offers hope and upholds the dignity of all people at all times.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for a small, dedicated team to ensure communication and marketing objectives are met. Responsibilities include working with senior leaders and managers to understand their marketing needs and to develop a suite of dynamic and inspiring marketing materials to communicate GOAL’s purpose across a wide range of stakeholders, internally and externally. ;These include institutional and corporate donors, the general public, media, specialist sector audiences, HR, Board members, internal staff and external partners. The Marketing Manager will also provide guidance and support to internal teams to effectively achieve their communication objectives.; The role requires excellent networking skills and ability to adapt, multitask and communicate across a diverse range of audiences.
This role requires a creative individual who demands excellence and is passionate about making a difference.;
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of GOAL’s marketing function, ensuring effective management of a range of communications stakeholders including media, donors and the general public through traditional and social media platforms.
- Support the development and oversee the delivery of a stakeholder marketing strategy in support of GOAL’s organisational strategy.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant internal senior stakeholders to identify and anticipate marketing and communications needs and assets (i.e. visual and design assets, video, presentations).
- Shared responsibility for brand management and corporate brand identity, ensuring GOAL is differentiated, relevant and visible with our stakeholders and in our markets.
- Develop a high quality range of online and print marketing assets in line with marketing plans, including, annual reports, strategic plans, country and programmatic profiles.
- Support the Fundraising Department in the production and dissemination of relevant and engaging materials and media assets to foster support for fundraising and marketing initiatives, campaigns and events.
- Support the coordination and delivery of internal communications activities and initiatives
- Work closely with GOAL’s Monitoring and Evaluation function to identify new learning and communication opportunities for diverse stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing activities and value add to organisational brand.
- Work with Senior Managers to analyse potential strategic partner relationships for marketing and communications opportunities.
- Create and develop innovative ways to communicate the GOAL message to new and existing stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Communications team to deliver a comprehensive and successful Communications Strategy for GOAL.
- Ensure that all content conforms with GOAL’s ethical and branding guidelines and values
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Relevant third level degree in Marketing
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Keen eye for graphic design, attention to detail, and creativity
- Proven track record in public relations, writing and communication skills
- Experience within a humanitarian / international development context and demonstrated ability to communicate on humanitarian/development matters to a diverse audience.
- Strong and confident communicator.
- Self-starter and proven multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Proven track record engaging with external agencies.
- Proficiency with various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Interest and knowledge of current events and marketing trends within specific geographic area(s).
Written French, Spanish or Arabic a distinct advantage
General Terms and Conditions
;GOAL has a suite of integrity policies which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, children, vulnerable people and staff from exploitation. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and employee obligations. ;Job offers may be subject to police clearance.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.