General Description of GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
This is a key support role based in GOAL’s fast-paced Communications Department based in HQ in Dublin, requiring a creative self-starter who is interested in developing a career in communications and the development sector. The successful applicant will be digitally savvy, have some social media and content writing experience, and be highly organised.
Duties and responsibilities
Website & Content Editing
- Content editing (blogs and impact stories)
- Rich media management (imagery, videos and stories)
- Website updates (Wordpress. CMS training will be provided)
- Image editing and some basic video editing
- Assisting with social media posts
- Assisting in the delivery and optimisation of social media adverts
- Maintaining and updating GOAL’s social media calendar
- Assisting in the delivery of mailshots and campaigns
Analysis and Reports
- Pulling statistics to assess social media, website and email performance
- Supporting the creation of digital analytical reports
- Admin support
- Uploading content to the digital asset management system and keeping it up to date
- Research as required
- Any other duties agreed with line manager
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives
- Strong team player with a flexible and committed outlook to the role
- Degree or relevant work experience in marketing, journalism or design
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to alter style of writing to reflect the audience demonstrating an ability to simplify and explain complex issues and procedures
- Team player with excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work schedules
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and respond to new opportunities
- Keen interest in development sector
- Experience writing for web
- Experience adapting content for different audiences and channels
- Good IT skills, competent with Microsoft Office suite
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience or knowledge of analytics (Google analytics, social media analytical tools etc)
- Experience in / knowledge of the NGO sector
- Some basic graphic design or video editing experience
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.
GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.
All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [and vilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.