Application Closing Date - 18th February 2021
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of over 2,500 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
GOAL is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our IT team. This is a great opportunity to work in an International NGO play a key role in the provision of accessible, secure and sustainable technology solutions to our global worldwide. The successful candidate will lead a team of IT staff, supporting infrastructure, rollout and delivery of systems and helpdesk support, enabling GOALs global to achieve its global organizational strategy.
Reporting to the Chief Technology and Business Development officer, the IT Service manager will work closely with the GOAL Business analysts and Solution Architecture team. ;This position will lead IT service team in the system, infrastructure and helpdesk support to optimize workplace efficiency, security and effectiveness and support our global teams in their implementation of our programmes. In addition to coordinating with Head Office based functions, the role will work closely with the Systems and IT staff in our operational countries.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for continued and stable operation of all IT systems used throughout GOAL
- Ensure operational IT security and protection/recovery/encryption of data according to industry best practices and audit recommendations
- Procure IT hardware, IT software and IT services according GOAL procurement guidelines and ensure compliance with global license requirements
- Responsible for the development, review and adoption plan of GOALs IT policies, ensuring frequent information dissemination and training to all staff on IT policy, systems and security awareness utilizing a mixture of communication medium to optimize understanding and impact.
- Manage the IT Helpdesk and to ensure speedy resolution of all issues and incidents, including reviewing themes and trends and implementing actions as applicable
- Review and manage to resolution any issues in relation to Internal and External audits or investigations in Dublin HQ and provide support where required to Country offices.
- Establish effective, regular, interactive communication of IT Operations achievements, workplans, issues and learnings with GOAL stakeholders
- Actively manage existing 3rd party relationships, ensuring optimal service quality and effective use of licenses.
Strategy Development & Implementation
- Contribute to the creation, development and implementation of GOAL’s Global IT strategy
- With the IT management team, drive appropriate user adoption of existing and new IT structures, processes and technologies
- Prepare, monitor and manage the IT Operations budget
- Project Management of IT Operation process improvements and infrastructure projects from inception to implementation and provide technical support and assistance as required with global strategic projects
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and policies and lead HQ IT team and Country IT staff in active engagement with peer agencies, NetHope and other membership bodies within the INGO and wider technology sector
Communication & Change Management
- Ensure timely information on KPIs, progress of workplans and reporting of incidents and progress of workplans etc. is provided to line manager and GOAL Management team
- When deploying new and updated solutions, create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption, ownership and usage to drive faster take-up, higher ultimate utilization of features and proficiency with the changes that impact staff.
- Serve as a subject matter liaison and training focal point to internal stakeholders on specific IT topics/issues.
- Represent GOAL at selected forums, to promote and share GOAL project learnings, establish new partnerships
Team Management & Leadership
- Management of HQ IT Operations team including coaching and continuous performance management.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support to Country IT teams, including coordination of weekly global IT team meetings
- Assign individual responsibilities;to the IT Operations team, with follow up and support as required to enable successful implementation
Requirements (Person Specification)
- The successful candidate must be able to successfully prioritize and execute tasks, work to changing priorities and be a proactive communicator in this dynamic work environment.
- Degree qualification in Information Technology or relevant field with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- 5+ years’ experience in a complex technology environment
- Experience of managing IT infrastructure across a complex organisation structure including Networking (LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Network Security, Wireless Networks), Windows Server, Active Directory topology and administration
- Extensive Office 365 and Azure knowledge with demonstrable experience in solutions based on the Microsoft stack e.g. Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, .Net, SQL, SharePoint, BPM tools, Dynamics Online, Data Migration Tools, PowerShell.
- Demonstrated experience and solutions-driven approach suited to solving problems in across programme sites, in multiple geographic locations, with varying levels of IT infrastructure
- Established track record in presenting to multiple stakeholders including excellent communication skills – verbal and written, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly to none-technical staff
- Proven ability to train, coach and mentor IT managers across a variety of location
- Experience managing consultants/contractors/third party vendors and ensuring that they deliver as expected and represent value for money
- Over 5 years Project management and change management experience, certification desirable including management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable experience developing and streamlining processes
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sectors
- Languages (Arabic, French and Spanish) highly desirable
- Willingness to travel to programme sites if required
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated.; Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible.; This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date.; We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.